Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 5 - Headache Free

Today was day 5 of the cleanse and I must say, today is the best I have felt in the past 5 days! Headache is gone and sugar cravings are at bay, it seems. Although that doesn't mean that I don't think about those damn protein bars and sinking my teeth into the gooey, delectable morsel!!!

Day 4..HORRENDOUS! Yesterday was utterly brutal! On Friday (Day 3) Daniel and I went and got our first round of colonics (not sure how many rounds we will do..take it easy). I know...Colonics..but you know what, since we are cleansing we might as well go full board..no holds bar! The colonics weren't bad. We go to an amazing South African Woman named Aruna who knows her stuff and she makes the visit as comfortable as possible. Daniel never had a colonic, so he was in for a whole new experience. I know how it feels to do something totally new, it can be scary and then there's the added "bonus" of having someone stick something up your butt...not too fun...although I do hear that people get addicted to these things. Crazy!

Needless to say, he did great and we both felt "lighter" after we were done, albeit a bit vulnerable and weak. We ate a light dinner when we came home of Wild Caught Sea Bass with Lemon & Dill and some Baby Greens and fresh sauteed veggies. I cooked the sea bass on the stove in a cast iron skillet and it was really yummy. Contrary to what many people have claimed in the past, Cast Iron Skillets are great to cook with. They add iron to your diet, which this vegetarian desperately needs! This is the first time I have had fish in about a year or more. I am finding that on this cleanse the options are so limited that I am going to have to eat fish from time to time. Sorry my fine finned friends! I can't eat bean or legumes on this clenase, so I will have to watch my protein intake to be sure I am getting esnough.

We have both had a little trouble sleeping, although on Day 2, I slept like a baby. We are finding that our bodies hurt/ache and are very stiff. Last night we went to bed around 2am and I stretched for about 20 minutes before we got into bed so that my legs weren't so achy. I've been getting this nervous energy in my legs and it makes it hard for me to sleep. I feel like I want to kick something and my legs are all jazzed up! Daniel's hips have been tight and we are realizing that the "die off" of the yeast is wreaking all sorts of havoc in our bodies, so we are just going to take it easy these next few days.

Ok, back to Day 4...I just felt horrible from the second I woke. I lounged around most of the day..again...and I found that whenever I ate, I felt bloated and uncomfortable even though I was eating the foods allowed on the cleanse. I think I rolled around on the floor and moaned for a while because my belly hurt so bad. By around 6pm Daniel and I decided to leave the house and go to the movies to see Julia & Julie. It was a fantastic movie, but we were repeatedly tortured by the delightful display of bread, cheese, berries, you name it...all the delectable food that the French eat and that Julia Child concocted in her Paris kitchen. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. Julia Child was an inspiration. Her cooking career didn't take off until she was well into her 40's! I never knew that..and look what a phenomenon she became! What's that old saying? "It's never too late!"

So, Day 4 is over..thank God. And so is Day 5..almost! I am off to make some cinnamon tea..it helps with my sweet cravings.

As promised here is the list of foods that are not allowed on the cleanse. If you want more info or have any questions, please feel free to email me at any time! missy@karmachow.com

Again, truly yours ~ The Ambivalent Cleanser

NO,NO's

Alcohol
Bread, Flour products, grains, pastas
Citric Acid
Legumes, beans, peanuts
Mushrooms
Nuts, nut butter, nut milk (Except soaked & sprouted almonds)
Oils (except coconut oil, flax oil, extra virgin olive oil & ghee)
Fruits & fruit juices (except lemons, limes & cranberries)
Sugars - all including Agave, Brown Rice syrup, barley malt, etc
Yeast in any form
Condiments - ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, mayonnaise and many more!
Milk Products, Dairy Products (Execept Raw Butter or Kefir)

The only grains allowed, in moderation are Quinoa, Millet, Amaranth & Buckwheat. All of these are wheat & gluten free. Quinoa and Amaranth are both a seed, so they are even considered a grain!

No comments:

Post a Comment